Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

First Shrink Eve

Day 18

Hey World, I apologize for disappearing for several days, but here's the big catch up. Early last week, my new found shrink with the waiting list bailed because he doesn't specialize in OCD. He gave me some numbers and I tried them, but no dice. Four shrinks later, I met my new best friend, The Amazing Carolyn. The Amazing Carolyn answers the phone for group of shrinks in West Chester where I work. She tracked one down and made some calls. That guy was a bust as well, but yesterday, no doubt due to her dogged determination on behalf of all crazy people everywhere, The Amazing Carolyn found a shrink for me! Seriously, a real shrink with an actual appointment and everything!

Now, at this point, I need to offer a bit of clarification, because my shrink isn't actually a shrink. He's a clinical social worker, which is kind of like "shrink lite." The good thing is that he has expertise in helping people with OCD, and that is what counts. So, tomorrow we'll see what the beginning of "better" looks like. I'll keep you in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment