Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

By the Book

Day Six

I think I finally found my shrink. The only problem is that he is out of the office until Monday and he's not currently taking new patients. His voicemail says that I can go on a waiting list and maybe get in for an appointment in 4-6 weeks. 4-6 WEEKS! Do you know how many freak-outs can happen in 4-6 weeks, World? This is going to be a long, hard month. But, I'm sure that this is the guy. I know that I want a Cognitive Behavioral approach and he is in the network. I'll just have to wait, that's all - just wait.

In the meantime, because I'm just a pro-active or bust kind of guy, I have to do something. Therefore I bought a book. It's a rather comprehensive book written by a foremost expert on OCD and I figure I can at least learn enough in 4-6 weeks to be dangerous in a therapy session. At the very least, I'll be able to tell whether or not this guy knows his stuff. Like I said before, this is my head we're talking about. I'm not about to let just anyone poke around in there so he can bill my insurance and buy that time-share in Cabo, he's been eyeing.

I'll keep you up to date on what I'm learning in the book, but for now, rest assured that progress is being made.

On a side note, I do my writing at a Panera Bread near my office. Panera has definitely become THE place for job interviews and business meetings. I crack up every time I walk in toting my backpack computer case and sixteen people start eyeing me wandering if I'm the guy they are supposed to meet. One of these days I'm going to sit down and interview for something just for kicks. Wouldn't it be hysterical if I made through the whole interview and got hired to some company before they found out? I have the perfect exit, "I'm sorry sir, I'm crazy and I have an interview obsession." "Now about that promotion..."

No comments:

Post a Comment