Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

When the Wheels Fell Off Part 2

Day 187

"May I speak to Barb please?"

"Just a minute..."

"This is Barb."

"Barb, it's your favorite insurance customer."

"Hi, Greg. What can I do for you?"

"You're never going to believe this one. The wheel fell off my truck."

"Oh my! Are you OK? Was there damage? Was anyone hurt?"

"No, but my truck is out of commission for a week or so. Does my policy cover a rental?"

"Not unless there was damage to the frame or the body. And since this wasn't exactly an accident, I'm not sure they will."

"Can you call and ask anyway? I'm hurting without a vehicle"

"OK, let me see what I can do."

A few hours later

"Good news, as it turns out, the policy will cover a rental 'til you get your truck back. You should check with Chrysler to see if they have any recalls listed for that model. I seem to remember something about recalling ball joints on front wheels of Durangos."

"I did that after I got off the phone with you earlier and they do have a recall out for my truck as a matter of fact. I called a friend of mine who owns a Dodge dealership in northern Ohio and he gave me his service manager who gave me a number for Chrysler. I called the number and spoke with a nice lady who gave me a man who transfered me to another man who gave me the number to call. I called and left a message and I'm just waiting to hear something. I'll keep you posted."

"Well, the good news is that you should be able to pick up your rental today at Enterprise."

"Cool, thanks, Barb. You're the best."

Hours later

"Here you go, sir. These are the keys to your Hyundai Sonata. Drive safely and thanks for using Enterprise."

"Hmm..XM radio, Cool!"

No comments:

Post a Comment