Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Outside the Walls

Day 210

When others accept, I ask "why"
When others walk, I try to fly
When others stop and hold their ground, I see another way around

When others speak, I choose to sing
When others release, I'm prone to cling
When others work, I'd rather play and call it work if that's OK

When others whisper low, I shout
When others withhold, I let it out
When others color in the lines, I make daring new designs

When others grandstand, I just yawn
When others settle, I press on
When others hold their thoughts in bind, I go ahead and speak my mind

When others reason through, I feel
When others quit, I cut a deal
When others dream of true romance, I kick up both my heels and dance

When others fall in line, I lead
When others guard their hearts, I bleed
When others retreat within their halls, I will remain outside the walls

Yes, I will remain outside the walls


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment