Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quick Update - New Meds

Day 187

I saw Doc Brown on Wednesday. We decided that 40mg of Methylin in two doses wasn't getting the job done. We opted for Concerta in an effort to eliminate remembering to take pills in the middle of the day, boost the focus effect and minimize the rebound symptoms. I started it today. I took two 36mg capsules around 9:30 am and it's now 9:56 pm.

I have felt it wearing off for the last 30-40 minutes and I'm beginning to rebound. All in all, things went pretty smoothly considering we went from 40mg of one med in two 20mg dosages to 72mg of the same basic med (the FDA maximum dosage) in one dosage with a long-term release mechanism. Right now, I'm just waiting. It usually takes a day or two to discover all of the fun side effects of drugs like these. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment