Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

3 Weeks of Pills

Day 48

Today marks three weeks on Zoloft. I can say that I have felt a difference. My "freak outs" are at least manageable. They are still pretty intense in my head, but I can get through them using breathing and visualization. Coach says that the dosage I'm taking is an introductory dose and that therapeutic levels are usually 2 to 3 times as much. I'm sure that that Doc Brown will want to increase my dosage when I see him in May. I'll probably need the help as I haven't started intentionally doing exposures yet. The strength I'm on now basically allows me to muddle through.

Also, I'm out of the tiny amount of Xanax I was given to help me sleep. I slept last night, but I noticed that my dreams weren't peaceful. I found myself running from things, worrying about things, and fighting things. They weren't as bad as the ones that used to wake me up several times a night, but they were definitely heading that way. I'm interested in seeing how I feel next Friday after 4 full weeks with Zoloft. At this point, I'm just thankful for what relief I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment